Welcome, fellow humans and your furry/feathered companions, to the Pet Fairy blog!
We know what you're thinking:
”Wait, they've had an online pet store for years and are just now starting a blog? What have they been doing?" or “I thought blogs were dead? Are they crazy?”
Well to answer that:
- We’ve been busy and just lost track of time. Figuring out which treat is the ultimate tail-wagger or which toy is the purr-fect entertainment for your feline overlord takes up a LOT of time folks! We may have got a tiny bit side tracked doing a lot of research about animal behaviour along the way to be honest (plus there was a time or two when we got lost in a sea of adorable pet pictures and really funny cat memes – just saying).
- Blogs are not dead.
- Yes indeed – we are just a teensy bit crazy (but in a fun, "laugh like nobody's" watching kind of way).
- Yes, we have been in business online for many years.
But hey, as the well known saying goes, "The pet store that blogs together, stays together!" Or was it something about clothes and doghair? Anyway, we've finally realized that sharing our knowledge, insights, and pet anecdotes with the world might be helpful.
So here we are, ready to unleash our quirky humour, valuable pet tips, and maybe even a few hamster-themed haikus (we're fancy like that). We promise to bring you laughter, enlightenment, and a never-ending supply of animal-related info that is bound to make you chuckle, roll your eyes in exasperation or do a good imitation of the open mouthed emoji. No matter the reaction, we hope to leave a paw-sitive impression on your day.
As we embark on this blogging adventure, we invite you to join us on the wild ride. Whether you're a seasoned pet parent, an aspiring pet enthusiast, or simply looking for a good laugh, our blog is a haven for all animal lovers. We'll have tales of mischievous pets, pro tips on keeping your furry friends healthy and happy, and the occasional contemplation on why dogs insist on eating grass or poop like it's a gourmet delight.
So, fasten your seatbelts, grab a bag of treats (both for you and your pet), and get ready to explore the fascinating world of pets with us. We may be fashionably late to the blogging scene, but we didn’t want the sloths to feel lonely as they came in the door last. That’s our excuse and we are sticking to it.
At Petfairy.co.za, we're not your ordinary pet store. Why? Well:
- We're on a mission to bring you the most innovative, exciting, enriching and safe pet products from around the globe. We scour the world, leaving no squeaky toy unturned, to ensure we offer the best for your furred and feathered companions. Whether your pet is a mischievous cat, beautiful bird, curious canine or a small furry we have an enchanting collection of toys, treats, and accessories that will bring joy to their lives.
- The Head Fairy is, sadly, not able to fly your parcels to you herself (arthritis of the wing joint is real people) but you can forget about complicated shipping fees! We believe that pet happiness should never break the bank, which is why we offer flat-rate shipping for just R100 on all orders. Whether you're in the bustling streets of Johannesburg or the coastal paradise of Cape Town, we'll deliver your pet's treasures right to your doorstep. Any size. Any weight. Anywhere (well, not Mars obviously). OK. Anywhere in terrestrial South Africa. Yes. Let’s go with that.
- The team at Petfairy.co.za, isn’t just a group of pet enthusiasts. We're animal people through and through. We are active members of a Rescue Group, dedicated to supporting local wildlife and ensuring that they have a safe habitat to thrive in the urban jungle. We're so crazy about our local non humans that we use no pesticides, let our garden jungle go wild, let rain spiders snooze in our house, put out food and water for all comers, help ants cross water bowls and even set up puzzle toys in our garden for our wild squirrels!
- We go the extra mile. We want your pet to live its best life and are always looking for new ways to make that happen. From dog laughter and bird diapers to diabolical indestructible puzzle toys – if it’s out there and it can help your pet – we either have it already or can probably find it for you!
- We have expertise that matters: Behind the magic of Petfairy.co.za is our founder, the Head Fairy, an animal behaviourist and perpetual student who is always researching new developments in animal cognition/intelligence/culture and who brings her expertise to every product selection. With a deep understanding of animal needs and behaviours, the Head Fairy ensures that our offerings are not only fun but also contribute to your pet's well-being. From chewy toys that promote dental health to interactive puzzles that stimulate their minds, we've got it all covered.
Join Our Fairy Tale: Become part of our Fairy Circle and sign up here to stay up to date with the latest pet trends, expert tips, and heartwarming stories. Follow us on Facebook, where laughter and cuteness reign supreme, as we share the adventures of our furry friends and offer exclusive promotions fit for pet royalty.
To get you started - here is the staff cultural pick of the week (we can't lie - it was Dobby! THE most relentless ball dropper of them all).